description and services
Rochester Concept Hotel with its' deco and modern style, is in a great location in Buenos Aires. It's situated a few steps from Florida Pedestrian Street, Galerias Pacifico Shopping Centre, Opera House (Teatro Colon), Puerto Madero, Theaters area and three blocks of the 67-meter Obelisco. The hotel is located conveniently near the financial district also.
The guest-rooms combine a trendy, minimalist, style with comfort and functionality making your stay an easy experience. The Rochester Concept Hotel is the ideal choice for leisure and business travelers. You can enjoy a wide variety of international and argentinean drinks, different types of coffee, typical Argentinean wines and food from the home made bakery, the lobby bar is ideal to relax with your friends.
The 'Colon Theater' (Teatro Colon) is one of the most renowned opera houses in the world, decorated in intense scarlet and gold and can be found 5 blocks away. The unique Puente de la Mujer 'Woman Bridge' is 1km from the hotel and is arranged asymmetrically. It features a single mast with cables suspending the part of the bridge which rotates 90 degrees to let water traffic pass.
Services and Facilities:
- Air Conditioning/ Central Heating.
- TV/ Cable with remote control.
- Hair dryer.
- Laundry service.
- Safe Box.
- High Speed Internet Connection in all rooms. (Paying an extra charge)
- Free Wi-Fiat the Lobby. (Paying an extra charge)
- 24 hr Room Services.
- Obelisco: Symbol of Buenos Aires, set up on May 23rd, 1936. Situated where San Nicolas de Bari's church (Iglesia San Nicolas de Bari) used to be, place where the Argentinean Flag was first hoisted on August 23th, 1812.
- La Recoleta Neighbourhood: It was born as an aristocratic place where rich families used to find refuge. The area is delimited by Ayacucho street, Las Heras, Figueroa Alcorta and Pueyrredon avenues. La Recoleta offers two traditional places in Buenos Aires, such as 'Bellas Artes Museum' (Museo de Bellas Artes, where paintings created by well known Argentinean artists can be appreciated) and Palais de Glacewith its' high level expositions. In addition, the Recoleta Cultural Centre is one of the other major attractions of the city.
- Recoleta Cemetery: (Cementerio de La Recoleta) It is an important part of the history of this city. Photographers and art students take their classes here, due to the architectural features in the 'Mausoleum'of men and women who built the history of Argentina, including Sarmiento, Eva Peron or Bartolome Mitre, among others.
- May Square (Plaza de Mayo):This is the main square in downtown Buenos Aires. The Buenos Aires financial district (microcentro), affectionately known as la City (sic) also lies besides the Plaza.
- La Boca neighbourhood: It retains a strong European flavor, with many of its early settlers being from the Italian city of Genoa. La Boca is a well known destination for tourists, with its colorful houses and main street called 'Caminito'. Other attractions are: La Ribera theatre, many tango clubs and Italian taverns, as well as La Bombonera, home of the Boca Juniors.
- Casa Rosada: officially known as 'Casa de Gobierno' (Government House), is the official seat of the executive branch of the government of Argentina.
- Aeroparque Jorge Newbery: 10-km.
- International Airport Ministro Pistarini: 30-km.
- Retiro Train Station: 2-km.
- Obelisco: 3 blocks.
- Colon Theatre (Teatro Colon): 5 blocks.
- Florida Pedestrian Street: 2 blocks.
- Lavalle Pedestrian Street: 1/2 block.
- Puerto Madero: 6 blocks.
- Galerias Pacifico: 4 blocks.
- Plaza de Mayo (May Square): 5 blocks.
- Plaza San Martin (San Martin Square): 5 blocks.
- Casa de Gobierno (Government House): 1-km.
- La Boca: 4-km.
How to get there:
From Ezeiza International Airport 'Ministro Pistarini:
- By Car: Take Ricchieri/ Dellepiane motor-way. Exit onto 9 de Julio Avenue to the Obelisco. Turn right onto Corrientes Avenue and then turn left onto Esmeralda street. Turn right onto Viamonte and Turn right again onto Maipu.
- By Bus: Manuel Tienda Leon Bus runs every 30 minutes to Retiro Bus Station (near Retiro Train Station).