description and services
Abasto Hotel is the first 5 star, tango theme hotel and is situated in Abasto Buenos Aires. Abasto is the place where the Tango was born.
You will find paintings, photographs, sculptures and murals about 'The Tango' and the history of Buenos Aires. There is an exceptional and unique 'mural' designed by the prize winning and internationally well known artist Mirta Kupferminc about 'Tango' at the hotel reception. At 'Volver Restaurant' you can enjoy a drink and Happy Hour is from 6 pm to 9 pm.
The Hotel offers 126 elegant and spacious rooms on 19 floors with all the latest technology. Abasto Hotel was designed in order to satisfy the needs and requirements of people travelling for business or leisure.
Abasto Plaza Hotel offers different rooms:
- Luxury: single or double rooms, 25'' TV, cable TV, etc. 27m2.
- Superior: single rooms with king size beds, 29'' TV, cable TV, private bathroom with whirlpool tub, etc. 31 m2.
- Executive: single or double rooms with King size beds. 29'' TV, private bathroom with whirlpool tub, etc. 33 m2.
- Balcony: single or double rooms with King size beds. Exceptional views to the city, private bathroom with whirlpool tub, etc. 30 m2.
- Junior Suite: single rooms with King size beds. Two rooms on each of top three floors, where you will enjoy your privacy. Sofa with footrest, dressing room, bath robes, comfortable desk, 29'' TV, etc. 31m2.
Services and Facilities:
- Hair Dryer.
- Continental Breakfast Buffet included on the rates.
- Safe Box.
- Heating and air conditioning with individual regulator.
- Coffee & Tea kit - complimentary.
- Iron and Ironing Board.
- Sound proofing
- Wi-Fi, Wireless /Internet connection.
- Telephone with voice mail and data port.
- Radio/ alarm clock.
- Disabled Facilities.
- Non Smoking Floors.
- Tango Classes available at the hotel everyday.
- Meeting rooms: all named after famous Tango artists.
- Tango Guest Relations.
- Swimming pool (exterior)- open between Dec and April.
- Security 24/7.
- Business Centre with Free Internet Access.
- Medical Assistance available.
- Obelisco: 5 minutes from the hotel.
- Children Museum (Museo de los Ninos): inside Abasto Shopping Mall.
- Abasto Shopping Mall: this building used to be the main city market. Now it holds more than 200 shops.
- Esquina de Carlos Gardel 'Dinner & Tango Show'.
- Palermo Hollywood: the bohemian and vanguard atmosphere here makes it one of the 'coolest' neighbourhoods. Palermo Hollywood has mainly maintained the particular architecture. There is a perfect harmony between the old and the more modern houses. The old spacious factories and warehouses are mostly used as art galleries, showrooms, restaurants, bars, etc. A huge variety of excellent restaurants are displayed along these calm and shady streets.
Abasto Hotel is situated in the traditional Abasto neighbourhood, located in front of Abasto Shopping. The Hotel is also near Recoleta and downtown. Great access to 'Ministro Pistarini' International Airport.
- Ezeiza International Airport: 18 km.
- Jorge Newbery (Domestic Airport): 6 km.
- Retiro Train Station: 3 km.
- Abasto Metro Stop: 1 block from the hotel.
How to get there:
From Ezeiza International Airport 'Ministro Pistarini' (EZE): Located 35 km/ 21 miles from the city centre.
The Airport has 2 terminals:
- Terminal A: for Aerolineas Argentinas only.
- Terminal B: for all other airlines and for the very few domestic flights that operate from this airport.
The 2 terminals are close together and linked by a sheltered walkway.
By Bus: Manuel Tienda Leon Bus runs every 30 minutes to Retiro Bus Station (near Retiro Train Station).
From Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (AEP)/ Domestic Airport: Located 3 km/ 2 miles from the city centre.
The Airport has one long terminal with a service road and a main road at the front. Manuel Tienda Leon buses depart from the service road and public buses from bus shelters on the main road.